- She has a great smile and sense of humor. She makes me laugh!
- She is outgoing and not afraid to try new things. She'll volunteer to speak in front of others!
- She has the most beautiful, dark, shiny hair.
- She is sensitive to others. She reaches out to be a friend to someone who is by themself.
- She is a good babysitter and in demand each weekend. She is saving all that money!
- She has a good memory and can memorize things easily.
- She always has a hug for me!
- She is musical and plays the piano, flute and guitar!
- She is independent and does all her own laundry!
- She is very stylish and always looks cute.
- She is a good friend.
- She makes great popcorn!
Happy, Happy 13th Birthday Hayley!
I added birds to the area with-- the three on the branch with tea lights which my daughter gave me for Valentines, the ceramic bird in the cloche and a ceramic bird by the simplify sign. I had a couple more birds that I tried to put with this arrangement but then I decided to heed my own sign and I "simplified" them off the area. Here it is after:
The second area is in my front entry hallway. Here it is before:I added a large ceramic bird and let him rest on some green moss. The white apple(?) blossoms are in an antique watering can.
There you have it--10 minutes to Spring! Check out other 10 minute makeovers by going to Nesting Place.
But you can join Tatertots and Jello for her great giveaway. It is really cute and would go in a lot of places in a home. Good luck.
- He is so kind and good natured
- He is tall, red-headed and handsome.
- He helps his sisters-buckle up in the car, with videos at home, cooks eggs for them.
- He is smart--a 4.0 student
- He is brave--He goes camping with Scouts in the winter, in snowstorms!
- He is generous--he gives up his room when I come to visit.
- He is helpful--he takes out the garbage without complaining.
- He is cheerful--he always greets me with love.
- He is loving--he always has a hug for me.
- He is nice--to his mom, especially
- He has a cute sense of humor.
- He is a good reader--always has a book in his hand.
- He has a good disposition--never talks back to his parents.
- He is considerate--he won a stuffed animal at a fair and brought it home to his sister.
- He is wonderful--just the kind every girl would want for a husband (in a few years:)
Happy 15th Birthday Dear Nick!!
I love you:)
1. jog or walk: walk
2. coffee or tea: neither
3. pepsi or coca cola: Coke
4. flats or heels: flats (I'm always afraid of falling especially on the ice which I did Dec. 23 just to prove my instincts were correct, I guess). I love the look of heels and wear them occasionally when I know there will be no chance of falling.
5. fries or onion rings: both although I hardly ever order either.
6. cats or dogs: I have always been a cat lover altho there are 3 St. Charles Spaniels in the family now and I have come to really love them.
7. skim or whole: I grew up drinking 2%, but now always drink 1 %. Also, since I am lactose intolerant it has to be Lactaid and I drink very little milk and take 2 calcium pills daily to make up for it.
8. small purses or large: large
9. van or suv: SUV? is a Lexus 330 considered a SUV? Don't ask me I've never been into cars!
10. winter or summer: summer by a landslice! I am biding my time until I see the first Daffodil.
11. 1 piece bathing suit or 2: 1!!! with a large coverup, please.
12. sit down restaurant or fast food: sit down
13. McDonalds or Burger King: Give me a Whopper Baby! I love that burnt charcoal, cancer-causing grilled flavor
14. White Gold or Yellow: Both, although my wedding ring is yellow.
15. Fish or Chicken: Chicken
16. Edward or Jacob: I haven't read the books but there's been enough talk that I know these characters. Twilight is at the dollar movies and I think I'll go just to see what all the excitement is all about.
17. Pizza or Burger: Both!
18. apple or orange: orange
19. Spend or save: Both I try to be balanced:)
20. 1 story or 2 story house: I've had more 2 storied homes but my ranch was awfully nice too.
There you have it! If you want to participate go to Kasey's site for more info. Leave me a comment on how we are the same or different.
Also go to Jen's @ Tatertots and Jello to see a fabulous Giveaway she is having.
Looking inside my purse
Inside it is my purse organizer, package of cough drops, 4 cough drop wrappers, one stick of gum, 3 receipts from Costco, Kohl's, and grocery store, a grocery store card application, 2 car wash tickets, a sample packet of Aleve, a yellow rock-where did that come from? and two items I had been looking for: my lipgloss and a prescription for cough medicine with codeine! I ordered this purse organizer before Christmas from The Container Store ($20) to give to my sister but when it came I decided to keep it. It is basically a long strip of material with pockets stitched side by side, one with an opening flap. It fits most any purse because it is flexible and will conform to it. I like it pretty much altho if I were making it I would make at least one pocket wider to fit my little pink notebook where I keep all my important data--phone numbers, yardage needed to make my favorite aprons, etc. When you change purses, you just lift out the organzier and put it into the new one (that is, if you have kept everything in those pockets.) Here is Jen, me, Wenderful, and on the far right is my pregnant daughter. She is experiencing all the pains and inconveniences of her first pregnancy--back pain, tired, swollen feet, swollen legs, and she has been without a bathroom (think toilet) while they remodel the one closest to her bed.
____________________________________________________________________ 1. Post a picture of whatever bag you are today - not last weekend when you and your hubby went out to that fabulous restaurant. No cheating!!!
2. Tell us how much it cost. This is a no-judgment zone -- there will be no ridiculing or eye rolling here. And, if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I'd love to hear it.
3. Now tag some fellow bloggers and link back to this post so people know why you are posting pictures of your bag.
Everyone made the cutest Valentine cards and really had a good time.
These are some of the treats served.
I served the Valentine treats on this fun table! This might be my all-time favorite find. It is a metal 2-tiered table with the whimsical top which I decorated with Valentine themed items and my mom's white fur-trimmed hat! It was at a cute consignment store. At the last minute I decided to skirt the table. I masking taped gathers down a length of red and white polka dot fabric then taped it under the scalloped edge of the table. By the time I finished, the guests started to arrive and I didn't get a picture of it. But it looked festive!I cut out lots of hearts in various sizes with a die-cut machine, ready for the cards to be made. The following are a sample of the cards that were made that day. It was fun for me to see the creativity of each person using basically the same materials.
My craft studio all decorated for the occasion.
These are the Homemade Victorian sugar cookies. I tried to post the how-to video but, alas, frustration got the best of me before I could figure out how to do it so here is a link to the video -studio5
We added new liners after they were baked and wrapped ribbon around them. I think they look cute.
Be sure to check out the gorgeous Valentine cupcakes and cupcake tutorial at My Sweet and Saucy.com
Have a great Valentine's Party!
This one has 4 different ribbons and scapbook paper with printing on it.
This one has tulle in it as well. You can glue gun a button to hide the wire in the middle.
This one has touches of pink and gold in the ribbon and tissue.