2/20/09

10 Minutes to a Room You'll Love

I decided to join The Nesting Place in her 10 minutes to a room you'll love today.


I have two little areas in my house where I put seasonal items just for fun. So, since I can't wait for Spring to show it's head here, I decided to put a little spring in my house in these areas. The first place is in my kitchen. It is a built-in hutch with drawers on the side and an oven below the shelf. This is the before picture:

I added birds to the area with-- the three on the branch with tea lights which my daughter gave me for Valentines, the ceramic bird in the cloche and a ceramic bird by the simplify sign. I had a couple more birds that I tried to put with this arrangement but then I decided to heed my own sign and I "simplified" them off the area. Here it is after:

The second area is in my front entry hallway. Here it is before:I added a large ceramic bird and let him rest on some green moss. The white apple(?) blossoms are in an antique watering can.

There you have it--10 minutes to Spring! Check out other 10 minute makeovers by going to Nesting Place.

8 comments:

Joy said...

Oooooh, that makes me want to decorate for spring too. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

You have SUCH beautiful spaces!! I adore everything you've done :-)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Cute Spring displays! Everything you do is always so beautiful!


XOXOXOXO
Jen

Rachel Lundy said...

You did a great job, and you display everything very nicely!

Crafty Niche said...

How pretty and fresh for spring!

Jen said...

Love the watering can with the blossom twigs! Cute...I want one!

Marie Rayner said...

What beautiful displays Jean!! You did a wonderful job there! I Love it!

Unknown said...

You sure did make it Springy! I LOVE it : ).