2/25/10

Thursday Tablescape-Blue Hues

Thursday Tablescape
 
Today's tablescape pictures were taken as I was running through Bloomingdale's in San Francisco with my daughter and grandson.  The large ceramic vase held silver branches and these very tall laser rods of amazing blue hues.  They had some sort of light source so they were lit up.  The whole display table with it's blue and white dishes was stunning.  I wasn't able to photograph the tops of the laser rods but my guess is they were about 7 feet tall.  They reminded me of our grandson's power laser that he runs through the house wielding as a sword. I believe the chairs were covered in a very masculine stripe fabric that was reminiscent of men's suiting.
 
The individual place settings were so beautiful with their varying shaded of blue, crystal and lovely silverware.  I wish I had the names of each element on the table but as I said, it was a fast run through.  (I think my grandson had reached his very small limit of time to shop and we were headed for the car).  Perhaps this has given someone an idea to use on her own table another day.  I hope so.  To see more beautiful tables click here and go to Between Naps on the Porch.

8 comments:

Marigene said...

Those blues are beautiful...can't go wrong when it comes to blues!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Wow, what a neat arrangement with the laser rods! Love the blues and of course I love the transferware mixed amongst the settings! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

HollyC said...

It's so fun to see different types of tablescapes...and laser rods are different!! I love it!
~Holly

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh, those blues in that place setting are gorgeous! Wouldn't it be fun to create tablescapes when you have a whole store-full of plates to play with? What a unique centerpiece. I wonder if they were selling those rods, or if they were just for their display. That are so cool. laurie

Natasha in Oz said...

I am in awe of the amazing variety of things that can be found in American stores...I wish I could fly over there right now and shop 'til I drop!

Best wishes and many thanks for visiting!
Natasha.

Americana Lady said...

I love the blue and gold together! Joan

Sue said...

Don't you just want it all!

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

I love the blue hues!