2/1/10

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY... February 1, 2010


Outside my window...Lots of snow on the mountain and a skiff of snow on my yard

I am thinking.and praying..For good news in our family.

I am thankful for... good health and safety as I go about my daily life.

I am wearing...jeans, black long-sleeved T-shirt and long gray vest with ruffles down the front

I am remembering...the beautiful music that my grandchildren made with piano, guitar, and flute last night.

I am going... to the grocery store for ingredients to make a cake for tomorrow.

I am currently reading...The Guernsey Potato Pie and Literary Society

I am hoping... to do the right thing with difficult situations.

On my mind... the thought that I must have courage to do the hard things.

Noticing that..the days are becoming longer!

Pondering these words... "As I watch the rising sun when the day has just begun I am thinking of the love that comes daily from above."

From the kitchen...steaming bowl of oatmeal.

Around the house... putting out a few Valentine decorations as I am having a bookclub meeting here tomorrow night.


One of my favorite things~ the smell of fresh-baked bread!

From my picture journal...
Click here to read more daybooks.

6 comments:

Sue said...

You sound as if you are troubled this week. I hope things go well for you.

Sue

Rhonda said...

I love your mantle! So pretty decorated for V-day! Hope you got the good news you were wanting!

I love ruffles!

Linda said...

It sounds like you need some prayers....I will keep you in mine this evening.

Beth at Aunties said...

I too picked up that not not everything is rosy in your corner of the woods.
I pray your precious family will be watched over and the news is very GOOD!
Sometimes, wouldn't it be nice to not have this life, as the test? :)

Have fun with your bookclub meeting. Our RS club dissolved and I really enjoyed reading the books and getting together to discuss.
~♥
My email is c.annie 77 @msn.com
I really am not a mystery! HA!
Please email me. :)

2cats said...

Your book is on my must read list. I can't wait to read it.
Please have a good week, you seem troubled. Have a nice cup of tea and take a moment for yourself.

Marie Rayner said...

Praying for good news in your family also Jean. Loved the daybook as always. Can you believe it's been almost a year since I was to Utah and got to meet you and your lovely daughter! Time flies! xxoo