2/15/10

Simple Woman's Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook
For Today, February 15, 2010

Outside my window...beautiful dark blue and white mountains!

I am thinking...those mountains are going to look great soon as SPRING comes calling!

I am thankful for... a furnace that is working.  When I arrived home last night from California my house was 52 degrees!  Somehow my furnace had gone out!!  I am also thankful for my sweet son in law and his dad that came to my rescue and found the problem.  Heat at last.  (I don't do well without it!)

I am wearing...warm clothes of course, as usual.  Jeans, wool top and sweater (3 layers) .

I am remembering...what fun it was to be with my friends and have fun.

I am going...to get food, fill prescriptions, and sign up for gym membership. (Now the latter is in black and white, I am committed.  I have been dragging my feet on this since Christmas although it has been on my list every week.  It may take me until Friday to actually do it!)

I am currently reading...my mail that has been held while I was away.

I am hoping...to catch up on things that should have been done last week while I was away.

On my mind... try to get all the fake snow out of the containers on my mantel and put up SPRING with birds and green instead

Noticing that...little things around the house need attention.  Also laundry to do and bills to pay--the usual.

Pondering these words... "Your wings already exist.  All you have to do is fly"

From the kitchen...  feel like Old Mother Hubbard as mine is pretty bare today, hence the trip to the grocer.

Around the house...Just gathering up all the hearts and valentines, red and white and replacing them with GREEN;

One of my favorite things...FRIENDS and FAMILY

From my picture journal.

Spring is Coming!
What will you be doing this week?  I hope your week is perfect!

4 comments:

Sue said...

It is so wonderful to see flowers on your blog...I'm watching snow out my window.

Sue

Beth at Aunties said...

Glad you had fun and are safely back home with a warm furnace. Thank goodness for your SIL and his dad.
~♥

2cats said...

This was such a cheery place to visit tonight. I love the colors. Very springlike.

Marie Rayner said...

Once again a wonderful read Jean! I'm with you, Spring just HAS to be right around the corner!! xxoo