1. Heat. I can honestly say that I love to be warm and have not really complained about our 100+ heat we have had lately. (Well, maybe once or twice:) The flowers love it, I love it and could live with heat all year. Maybe I live in the wrong part of the world!2. Having family around. All three of my daughter's were able to visit this summer with their cute families. I feel like a mother hen loving gathering all my chicks around me.3. Picnics and BBQ's. What tastes better than hamburgers (chicken, steak) on the grill or potato salad on a red checked tablecloth? Our canyons near me provide the perfect setting for enjoying a little nature hike and a picnic not to mention:
4. S'mores by a campfire. Isn't it nice that something that you ate and loved as a kid has stayed the same and not been "improved" by some large corporation trying to make money?
5. Wearing sandals and capris. It is so easy to pack fewer clothes for vacation with simpler, smaller amounts of fabric in the outfit.6. Parades. I love the 4th of July with all it's bright colors and pomp and circumstance with parade and fireworks. I loved just happening on the small town parade one Saturday coming home from the gravel pits. Great clown, marching bands, floats--I love the whole thing.7.Swimming at the pool during the day and Warm summer nights where you can leave your doors open and hear the crickets chirping and feel the soft breeze as you sleep.
8. I love the warm floors on your feet when you wake up.9. I love having friends visit and go exploring places that you probably wouldn't take the time to go, but enjoying it so much.
10. I love watching my plants grow from one morning to the next. There seems to be some extra in the water here where I can actually see the progress each day. Maybe because nature knows the growing season is short and she had better push the growth every night. Right now I have sunflowers that I planted really late and it is a race to see if they will have time to grow enough to bloom before the heat resides. I check them every day and they are just beginning to form the bud for the flowers. I think they will make it.
I could go on and on and I know when I read other posts I will think "I should have put that too" but, you can read them and see if your favorite things are listed by clicking here.I hope your summer has been wonderful. Mine has!