10/26/09

Simple Woman's Daybook


OCTOBER 26th

FOR TODAY...October 26th
Outside my window...the sound of sawing across the street that is from my neighbor's remodel that was started this month.  Three months is the contractor's goal.  My guess is 5 months--time will tell.

I am thinking...I am savoring every minute of today because it will be 62 degrees and looks like it will be the LAST day of fall.  The weather forcast is for SNOW tomorrow and Wednesday!

I am thankful for... for my friend's progress.  She is home from the hospital and feeling like her normal self after 3 months of infection and ICU stay.  Love and prayers work miracles!

I am wearing... my dark brown jeans, orange long sleeved T-shirt and brown tweed blazer.

I am remembering...how cute my three little girls were and how wonderful they all have turned out.

I am going...to go shopping with my daughter and granddaughter.  I have a 15% coupon from my favorite store. Yippee!!  And bringing Ella along will be our built-in timer so we don't spend too much or stay too long.

I am reading... 101 Things to do with a Tortilla.  I am teaching this class tomorrow night.


I am hoping... to get my two doors weatherstripped to keep me warm.

On my mind... women and friendships

Noticing that... the mountain is becoming less red and more brown with all the leaves falling.

Pondering these words... "Being a mother at any age is a blessing, but as we age and our children become interesting and productive adults we really begin to savor the joys of the harvest, the fruit of our labors.  How could we have known when they were young and the demands so constant that we would ever have the luxury of simply enjoying their loving companionship?"--Marjorie Pay Hinckley

From the kitchen... Pumpkin Molasses cupcakes made into mini pumpkins from yesterday.

Around the house... a lot of threads and scraps of material in the sewing room from a Christmas project on which I am working.


One of my favorite things- finding new uses for something old and also I love a bargain!  My daughter gave me a cute coin purse with a picture of a woman saying "Frugal is such an ugly word".  I broke out in laughter when I read it.

From my picture journal...

To read more daybook entries click here.

If you haven't signed up for my giveaway click here.  It ends Thursday.  Good luck!

6 comments:

dee dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dee dee said...

What beautiful and thoughtful words! Thank you for sharing and God Bless... Dee Dee

Beth at Aunties said...

I hope you have a fun time shopping and finding the perfect bargain. Christmas seems to be creeping upon us so fast this year.
Your daughters seem to have been blessed with your creative talents and I can see why you are so pleased. Sister Hinckley's quote is perfect!
Have you tried the "All Natural uncooked flour tortillas' at Costco? They are really yummy and have zero Trans Fat! Good luck with your class.

Enjoy this beautiful last day of good weather. I am on my way out to do just that! :-)
~♥

Sue said...

It was fun to get to "know" you more through your words.

Sue

Marie Rayner said...

Loved your daybook Jean. HOpe you had a wonderful time shopping with your family! I can't believe you're getting snow already! I know it's true, but hard to imagine. I miss snow! I did get my fill of it last year in Idaho, but I do miss it. We hardly get any at all here and when we do it doesn't stay! boo hoo!

dtbrents said...

That pumpkin is so cute. You have an interesting life. When my family goes out to eat on girls day out we have five generations at the table. My daughters are my best friends. My Mama is too. I had a son when my daughters were teens. He's twenty seven now. There is nothing better than family. I don't know what to make about your book. Are all the tortilla recipes made from scratch? I hope you have a great week. Doylene