10/19/09

Simple Woman's Daybook

Simple Woman's Day

FOR TODAY...October 19th
Outside my window... cloudy with a chance of meatballs rain this morning.

I am thinking... this is the start of a new week and one that brings us closer to Christmas!  Yikes!

I am thankful for... all my patio furniture, my statuary, grill, and ceramic pots neatly tucked and stacked in my garage in preparation for winter weather.


I am wearing... grey jeans,blue long sleeved top and my old faithful Uggs slides that keep my feet warm.


I am remembering... how warm and beautiful the weather was yesterday--nearly 80 degrees!

I am going... to begin a big project for Christmas today and hope it gets done by then.

I am reading...  I can't seem to keep up on the magazines that I have laying around.  I stopped subscribing to all but about 4 but not finding time for those and I am still on the Julia book along with Letters by Marjorie Pay Hinckley.


I am hoping... to get a lot done on my project today,and take pictures of my giveaway (coming soon!).


On my mind... several must-do chores--like order furnace filters and winterize the birdhouse and last planter, and place ad to sell the snow tires.


From the learning rooms... just everyday living and learning.

Noticing that...The beautiful red and orange leaves are beginning to make piles beneath the trees.

Pondering these words..."We all have a responsibility--a responsibility to make a difference, to be an influence, to lift someone.  We are all in this together to work out our salvation, to reach our potential, and to be our brother's keeper--to help each other." --Marjorie Pay Hinckley


From the kitchen... the hearty beef stew and cornbread that was made yesterday and there are leftovers for today-Yes!

Around the house... it's beginning to look a lot like Halloween--those cats and spooky signs are appearing.
One of my favorite things~ time to create and time to bake when I have extra time.
From my picture journal..



To read what other women are thinking and doing today click here.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, you had 80 degrees yesterday? Sweet! And here I thought we were doing well with high temperatures in the 50's! LOL!

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Marie Rayner said...

80 degrees is pretty warm for this time of year! Does it swing back and forth a lot there until it settles in? Love the witches hat and your day book as always! xxoo

dtbrents said...

I like your picture. I wish I had started putting my deck furniture away in the garage when it was new. Now, what's the point. I'm glad to hear you do. Your meal sounds great. I hope you have a great week. Doylene