12/17/09

Tablescape Thursday--Colorful and Thrifty tables for the Masses

Colorful and thrifty tables for a large group


The post today for Thursday's Tablescape is all about ingenuity, thrift, quantity and color.

We had a breakfast at church last Saturday and when I walked into the cultural hall I was met by 20 round tables dressed in bright vibrant colors.

The woman responsible for the decorating had used runners she had previously made for a family event which were chartreuse green, pink, yellow and hot pink.  Some were striped and some were plain fabrics.

She layered these on top of similar colored plastic round tablecloths that are usually not that attractive. The centerpieces were trees cut from foam core then all were painted bright pink.



The big plastic light bulbs were purchased at the dollar store then painted to match the theme colors, bright pink, green and chartreuse, three per table.  They are hung on a jewelry rack that was also purchased at the dollar store.  She put the base of the holder into a piece of wood which was wrapped in paper of the theme colors.

   She scattered and hung little gold stars.



The walls were also treated to some of the wrapping paper and stripe fabric in big rectangles.  All in all, it was a fresh and happy look for our Christmas breakfast event.  To read and see more tablescapes click here.

15 comments:

Dena Pickle said...

You're friend is to be commended for that! The bright colors make it so festive that it doesn't matter the cost! And I love the pink tree centerpieces. That is one crafty lady!
Dena

southerninspiration said...

Ingeniuos...she put a lot of time and thought into that, but it looks adorable! What a fun time!

Suzanne

Marie Rayner said...

How cheery and wonderfully festive! I love this. Very creative! Well done to the decorator! Thanks for sharing these fabulous table ideas with us each week Jean!!

dee dee said...

Oh... love the bright colors and creativity! Esp... on a budget! Thanks for sharing... dee dee

Queen "B" said...

Really cute! I recognize the LDS building,so fun to have a few things in common...love the great ideas, thanks for sharing...Aloha

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That was a fun party! I loved the colors of everything! Good luck with your party tomorrow!

XOOX
Jen

Connie said...

My daughter would love those tables!!

Mandy said...

I am so in LOVE with those centerpeices

Chrissy said...

Very cute!!! Great colors!

Joyce said...

Centerpieces are adorable and I like the bright colors. Merry Christmas.
Joyce

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I love the unexpected colors here! This is so pretty!

Grammy Staffy said...

What pretty tables and darling and original ideas. I love setting pretty tables. I will remember this post for the future.

Come over to my blog when you have time. I've posted Christmas greetings I would like to share with you.
Merry Christmas with hugs, Lura

Jeanette said...

That is so cute and I love thrifty. The trees make the table so festive.

Moore Minutes said...

Oh wow!! I'm in love with this whole post. Those lights are awesome! I had lots of fun reading this. :)

Bridgit said...

Tum Tales that won a give away of yours ...I viewed her blog ...her girls are adorable ...I became a follower ...and nothing since ...I hope I didn't scare her away!