6/28/09

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...June 29, 2009

Outside my window...the wonderful songs of the birds. They awaken me around 5 each morning but I am so glad to hear their voices and know that summer is here that I don't mind at all.
I am thinking...
how easy it is to do all things with this warm weather. Easier to put on fewer clothes, go places without an umbrella or scraping snow off windows etc.etc and just loving summer.
From the learning rooms... I finally made it to the library yesterday and got 2 books and an audio book for relaxing and learning leisurely on the porch.
I am thankful for... this season of warmth and sunshine and green grass and flowers, and sprinklers and everything about the season..
From the kitchen... wonderful homemade granola and salad with lettuces from my garden.
I am wearing... finally, capris and sandals! Hallelujah!
I am reading... my new book from the library and summer magazines.
I am hoping... to squeeze every drop of summer out of the next 3 months
I am creating..a name banner for Hudson and English Crackers for the children.
I am praying...for a long and safe summer
Around the house...lots of red, white and blue for the upcoming 4th of July. Also, baby items--crib, toys and banners are making a showing in anticipation of the newest grandson and his parents coming to join the rest of our family together this weekend.
One of my favorite things... working in the garden, reading, feeling the warm breeze through open windows, watching my plants grow so quickly and summer food--watermelon, bbq'd burgers, corn on the cob.
A few plans for the rest of the week... finishing the room for Hudson and making menus for meals, grocery shopping and other preparations for company coming.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...Have a wonderful Fourth of July!
Click here to read more Simple Woman's Daybook entries.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Such a neat blog! I love your patriotic posts and ideas :)

Unknown said...

Enjoy your family visit.

Joyce said...

Hi!
I very much enjoyed your Daybook. My but you're doing a lovely job decorating for the 4th of July!

Elena said...

I do hope you get to enjoy every moment of your summer! I can't wait for ours to begin.

It's been lovely rading your daybook. You've been busy with your upcoming celebrations - wishing you a happy 4th July!

ciao for now,
Elena :)
http://precioustreasures.com.au/blog