6/3/10

Brazilian Flan

I recently attended a cooking class where a darling Brazilian cook, Tania, showed how she makes Flan.  With her casual, carefree spirit she made it look so easy a child could make it.  It is very simple with only 4 ingredients.  It turned out beautifully and delicious!
Brazilian Flan
For the caramel:
Melt 4 Tablespoons sugar until it is caramel color.  Pour into a teflon bundt pan.  When it is hard, make the milk mixture:
Put into a blender:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1can whole milk (use the sweetened condensed milk can for measure)
2 eggs
Blend together then pour on top of the hardened caramel  sauce.  Put bundt pan in a water bath--(fill a rimmed cookie sheet with water then place bundt pan on top.  Bake at 375 degrees for approx 45 mins or until a kitchen knife comes out clean.
Fast, easy and delicious!
Enjoy!
I am linking up to Designs by Gollum's Foodie Fridays.  Check out other delicious recipes here.

9 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This really looks delicious. This is my first, but it will not be my last, visit to your blog. I love its tone and welcoming atmosphere. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Flan is one of the very best and most delicious desserts! What a yummy recipe.
Please stop by~ I am having an April Cornell giveaway.
Yvonne

Anita Diaz said...

This looks incredible! My Puerto Rican husband in the flan maker in our house, so I'll let him try it. I never thought about using a bundt pan either, but it really looks lovely. Beautiful blog!!

Susan Anderson said...

We LOVE flan at our house. I have a feeling this sounds easier than it actually is. I am notorious for ruining recipes like this.

=)

April J Harris said...

That sounds and looks really delicious!

Marie Rayner said...

That looks delicious and so very easy Jean!! What a sweet young gal she looks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Southerncook said...

The Flan looks so yummy. I will definately try this recipe.

Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

Renée said...

I am a huge fan of flan and this looks so luscious!